Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each remedy.
Beyond the classic payment remedies of mechanic’s liens, stop notices and payment bonds are the less traditional options. This video provides an overview of those less traditional payment remedies including prompt payment laws, terminating performance, statutory stop work orders, statutorily required security from owners, joint checks, and writs of attachment. Details on these remedies can vary widely from state to state, and these remedies may not be available in each state.
Paul W. Berning, Esq.
Law Offices of Paul W. Berning
- Experienced arbitrator, mediator and dispute review board member
- Member: American Arbitration Association’s Roster of Neutrals for Arbitrations, American Arbitration Association’s Panel of Mediators, Caltrans Dispute Resolution Board Candidates List
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Managing partner of the Law Offices of Paul W. Berning in the San Francisco area since 2011
- Partner in the construction practice groups of two national law firms for more than two decades before founding his own firm
- More than 33 years of experience in construction law
- Frequently represent clients in arbitrations and mediations
- Represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, design professionals, suppliers and construction managers in trials, arbitrations, mediations; negotiates contracts; and provides counseling before, during and after construction projects
- Practice includes resolving construction disputes involving payment issues; financing; terminations for default; claims for extra work, delay, disruption and lost efficiency; defective work
- Extensive experience in counseling clients on complying with contractor and design professional licensing requirements and in representing clients in court, administrative and arbitration proceedings involving licensing claims and disputes
- Can be contacted at 510-863-8118 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.