You get one bite at the appeals apple. Make it count.
In court, you have a right to go to the court of appeals, and you have the opportunity, albeit limited, to ultimately petition the U.S. Supreme Court. In arbitration it is very limited in terms of your ability to appeal the decision. The grounds are defined by the arbitration act and the statutes say that you can appeal an arbitration award if you are able to prove why it is necessary. This video reviews the different opportunities to appeal the decision made.
Howard S. Suskin
Jenner & Block LLP
- Partner in Jenner & Block LLP’s litigation department
- Substantial first-chair experience representing individuals and business entities in civil and criminal securities matters
- Co-chair of Jenner & Block LLP’s class action and securities litigation practices
- Members of the Leading Lawyers Network have consistently recognized his work in several areas, including class actions, commercial litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and securities and venture financing law
- Been named one of the Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation
- Illinois Super Lawyer named him a Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyer eight times
- He is on the faculty of Practicing Law Institute; and has lectured extensively; instructed legal writing at the University of Michigan Law School; and has published numerous treatises and articles on issues relating to arbitrations, class actions and securities law, including serving as editor and co-writer of the West Publishing Illinois Civil Litigation Guide, Moore’s Federal Civil Motion Practice and Pretrial Civil Litigation, the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education Treatise on Class Actions, and the ABA’s Annual Survey of State Class Action Litigation
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Michigan Law School; graduate, with distinction, elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Northwestern University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.