How long will it take to protect my trademark?
Domestic trademark applications may be filed through the Trademark Electronic Application System. Applications may be filed based on use in U.S. interstate commerce under Section 1(a), an intent to use basis under Section 1(b), the existence of a foreign registration under Section 44(e) or as an extension of protection under the Madrid Protocol (Section 66). Fees are charged based on the number of classes identified in an application or later added during prosecution. This video reviews these steps and discusses the options of applying for a broader word mark or a narrower, stylized or logo mark.
Cecilia R. Dickson
The Webb Law Firm
· Partner, The Webb Law Firm, IP focused boutique of 50+ IP lawyers located in Pittsburgh, PA
· 15+ years of trademark specific experience, including, international filing strategies, prosecution, portfolio management, enforcement litigation and licensing
· Former president of the Pennsylvania Bar Association IP Law Section, the Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association and the Q. Todd Dickinson Inn of Court
· Graduate of Harvard Law School
Christopher P. Sherwin
The Webb Law Firm
· Senior associate, The Webb Law Firm, IP focused boutique of 50+ IP lawyers located in Pittsburgh, PA
· 7+ years of trademark specific experience, including, advising on international filing strategies, prosecution, portfolio management and enforcement
· Works with domestic and international independent inventors, small business, and large corporations to manage and protect their IP assets, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights
· Graduate of Penn State University and WVU Law School
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.