People cross state lines to work every day.
There are some pending rules that the American Payroll Association has been pushing with the government around trying to standardize the state requirements for withholding. This has been going on for several years and some traction was gained in 2016. Each local within all states need to be considered. Some local taxes are based on resident status. Local taxes can be accessed if an employee performs services within the local jurisdiction. States with a local tax for resident or nonresidence performing services in the local include Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana and Maryland for example.
Dayna J. Reum, CPP, FPC
Dayna J. Reum
- Senior director of payroll and HRIS at a major medical center in Chicago
- Heavily involved in the payroll field for more than 17 years
- Started as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, moved on to be a payroll team leader at Honeywell Inc.
- Obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association
- Received several merit awards for customer service and acquisitions and divestiture
- Taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and the Arizona State Payroll Conference
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA
- Serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA local tax subcommittee)
- Received a citation of merit for her service and is a gold pin member of the APA
- Certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.