It is clear that the rules are complex and changing.
Periodic nexus compliance evaluations are now advised and are advisable. Multi-state companies are advised to make periodic nexus compliance evaluations. Don’t wait until the business is about to be sold as there are serious consequences to getting it wrong. Nexus compliance evaluations should be performed by skilled professionals as non-compliance red flags are complex and numerous. Sales of property and services can have many red flags and having someone that is skilled in these evaluations can prevent consequences.
Morris N. Robinson, Esq., CPA, LL.M.
M. Robinson & Company, P.C.
- Founder of M. Robinson & Company, P.C., Tax Law Specialists, a tax firm located in Boston's financial district since 2005
- Experienced tax lawyer and certified public accountant with more than 30 years of tax law practice
- Focuses his practice on federal, international, and multistate taxation of businesses and individuals; this includes tax planning for the sale of businesses and resolving highly complex tax issues under the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Frequent speaker in front of local and national audiences on topics ranging from family-oriented tax planning to the tax and legal issues facing retirees living overseas
- Written numerous publications including “State Voluntary Disclosure Programs: An Overview,” Tax Analysts, State Tax Notes (January 18, 2016) and “Use State Voluntary Disclosure When Complying with Expanded Nexus,” Tax Analysts, State Tax Notes (February 29, 2016)
- Member of the American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants (president, New England Chapter), Boston Bar Association (Federal Tax Committee), and Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (State and Federal Tax Committees)
- J.D. and LL.M degrees, Boston University School of Law; B.S. degree, Babson College
- Can be contacted at 617-428-0055, [email protected], on LinkedIn®: https://www.linkedin.com/in/morrisrobinson, or on Twitter®: @MRobinsonCo
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.