The little known white-collar exemption for highly-compensated employees has increased with the new requirements.
The USDOL’s regulations provide an exemption for certain highly compensated employees who earn above a higher total annual compensation level. Previously the amount was $100,000.00 per year. Under the new regulations that has increased to $134,004.00 per year. The reason we are seeing this big increase is because it hasn’t been updated since 2004. The USDOL is setting the new standard salary level equal to the 40th percentile of weekly earnings for full-time salaried workers in the lowest-wage Census Region. This will now be automatically updated every 3 years. The new salary level will go into effect on 01/01/2020 and 01/01/2023.
Ross M. Greenky
Barclay Damon LLP
- Associate with Barclay Damon, LLP
- Member of the firm's Business Services Practice Group and concentrates practice on labor and employment matters including court petitions, complaints, motions, affidavits, document demands and employment policies
- Prior to joining Barclay Damon, he practiced at Hancock Estabrook, LLP in labor and employment, and litigation
- J.D. degree, Duke University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, George Washington University
- Can be contacted at 315-425-2702 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.