There are significant new depreciation cost recovery rules.
Tax depreciation is a cost recovery mechanism that allows property owners to take annual deductions for the physical wear and tear of capital assets. The tax deductions prescribed for personal property and land improvements are taken over a shorter recovery period than building assets. Short-life assets such as 5-year MACRS property and 15-year MACRS property have accelerated, front-loaded depreciation methods, and are often bonus-eligible. Long-life structural building assets utilize straight-line methods vs. accelerated methods and are recovered over longer periods in time. This video reviews bonus depreciation and the expansion of §179 expensing.
- Manager in the Bethesda office of CohnReznick LLP
- More than 12 years of experience in public accounting, public sector and law
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of tax accounting methods, and cost recovery and leasing of tangible and intangible property
- Member of American Bar Association Tax Section, and State Bar of California Tax Section
- J.D. degree, University of Illinois; Master of Laws in taxation, Georgetown University Law Center
- Can be contacted at [email protected], (301) 280-6455 or linkedin.com/in/selvanb
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.