Review the history of net operating losses and how the TJCA changes things.
NOLs are the culmination of all of the TJCA changes. The CARES Act provides several valuable avenues for businesses and individuals in terms of financial and tax benefits. This video reviews net operating losses and specifically Section 199A carryover losses and excess business losses and discusses TJCA changes and limitations.
Robert S. Barnett, CPA, Esq.
Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP
- Partner in the office of Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP
- Practice is highly concentrated in the areas of taxation, trusts, estates, corporate and partnership law and charitable planning
- Frequently assists clients in structuring financial transactions and charitable gifts
- His articles and lectures encompass a wide variety of topics, including business succession, estate planning, generation-skipping, stock options, effective strategies for removing tax liens, proper utilization of the marital deduction, and utilization of partnership elections
- Membership information includes board of directors of the Long Island Community Foundation; board of directors of Nassau Academy of Law; Professional Advisors Committee of the Long Island Community Foundation; Professional Advisors Committee of the American Heart Association; past Education Committee chairman NCCPAP; past president of Nassau Chapter NYSSCPA; past president of the NCCPAP Educational Foundation; CPA Journal Editorial Review Board, May 2017-2020; current chair of the NYSSCPA Estate Planning committee, 2020-2022; and member of the 18th Annual Accounting and Tax Symposium executive committee
- Awards include Fordham University Law Review; Max Block Distinguished Article Award for Technical Analysis, 2013; Samuel A. Dyckman Excellence in Education Award, November 2016; Leadership in Law Award – Long Island Business News, November 2016; Distinguished Service Award - NYSSCPA - Nassau Chapter, May 2017; Fordham University American Jurisprudence Award - Trusts and Estates; Dean’s Award in Taxation – Long Island University CW Post
- J.D. degree, Fordham University; M.A. degree in taxation, Long Island University
- Can be contacted at 516-931-8100 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.