When do you have a contract and when are you just talking?
That question is one of the most essential things to think about when handling contract formation. The negotiation portion of any contract in business relations is incredibly important. It defines how you arrive at all the elements of a contract. The negotiation can be handwritten, verbal, emailed, in a text; so you have to be careful when recording those details. It’s important, therefore, when coming out of these negotiations to reiterate what has been agreed upon and what hasn’t so the parties can close the deal.
Sean R. Smith
Continuum Legal Group LLP
- Attorney with Taylor English Duma LLP in Atlanta
- Represents companies and individuals in a multitude of different areas of litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tried multiple actions in state and federal courts in Georgia and surrounding states, including a representation of Time Inc., which was noted as one of the 15 significant defense verdicts in the country in 1996
- Represented numerous clients in appeals in both state and federal court
- Advises clients on an ongoing basis regarding various methods of avoiding litigation and making litigation more effective and efficient when it is necessary
- Briefed and argued appeals in numerous appellate courts, including the 11th Circuit, 6th Circuit, the Supreme Courts of Georgia and Montana, and the Court of Appeals of Georgia
- J.D. degree, University of Chicago; A.B. degree, on the law review and was a Hinton Moot Court Finalist, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.