ADA accommodation duties apply to mental disabilities as well as physical.
The Americans with Disabilities Act provides certain protections to qualified employees or applicants with a disability. Any mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities is a disability under the ADA. Individuals with history of mental impairment or perceived as having such impairment are also protected by the ADA. This video reviews several common mental health impairments and the duty to accommodate these impairments; and discusses how to handle direct threats of harm to an employee or others.
Julie A. Pace
Gammage & Burnham, PLC
- Partner at Gammage & Burnham, PLC
- Practice handles employment law, handbooks, drug and alcohol policies, I-9 and E-Verify compliance and audits, OSHA, independent contractor and alleged misclassification issues with DES and other government agencies, and defends claims of sexual harassment, employment discrimination, retaliation, whistle-blower, and wrongful discharge, and against charges by the EEOC or ACRD
- Handles matters involving EEOC, OSHA, ICE, OFCCP, DOL, NLRB, ADA, FMLA, Davis-Bacon, wage and hour laws, and affirmative action plans
- Has worked extensively with COVID-19 preparedness and response, FFCRA leaves, PPP, and other issues relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Regularly provides training to companies and assists with investigations
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- Best Lawyers in Construction
- Frequent speaker and writer on a variety of employment topics
- Co-editor of three books on employment law, published by the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Recipient of Arizona Business magazine’s 2008 Centers of Influence Award, which recognizes the 10 leading attorneys, accountants and bankers in Arizona
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Arizona State University; B.S. degree in business administration, magna cum laude, Arizona State University
- Can be contacted at 602-256-4488 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.