State law requirements are not one size fits all.
Most state laws differ regarding the consent of minors to medical treatment depending on their circumstances. This video reviews laws that apply to minors’ treatment records and how those laws work together to serve both the parent or guardian and the patient. Emancipated minors, specific parental rights, divorce issues are discussed; as well as consent rights when it comes to reproductive care, and with minors who have children.
Doriann H. Cain
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Attorney in the Indianapolis office of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Practice emphasizes regulatory aspects of health care, data privacy, and cyber security
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on HIPAA, state privacy and consent laws, and data security and privacy
- Indiana Security and Privacy Network, American Health Lawyers Association, Indiana State Bar Association Health Law Council, and American Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Loyola University Chicago School of Law; B.S. degree in health administration, Indiana University – Bloomington
- Can be contacted at 317-569-4837 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.