Procedures and timing can be complex.
Carefully read through the controlling statutes for the remedy you are using and prepare a timeline and/or checklist to follow. There are three classic payment remedies to consider – mechanic’s liens, stop notices and payment bonds. This video provides an overview of these remedies to help you understand their nature.
Paul W. Berning, Esq.
Law Offices of Paul W. Berning
- Experienced arbitrator, mediator and dispute review board member
- Member: American Arbitration Association’s Roster of Neutrals for Arbitrations, American Arbitration Association’s Panel of Mediators, Caltrans Dispute Resolution Board Candidates List
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Managing partner of the Law Offices of Paul W. Berning in the San Francisco area since 2011
- Partner in the construction practice groups of two national law firms for more than two decades before founding his own firm
- More than 33 years of experience in construction law
- Frequently represent clients in arbitrations and mediations
- Represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, design professionals, suppliers and construction managers in trials, arbitrations, mediations; negotiates contracts; and provides counseling before, during and after construction projects
- Practice includes resolving construction disputes involving payment issues; financing; terminations for default; claims for extra work, delay, disruption and lost efficiency; defective work
- Extensive experience in counseling clients on complying with contractor and design professional licensing requirements and in representing clients in court, administrative and arbitration proceedings involving licensing claims and disputes
- Can be contacted at 510-863-8118 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.