Be aware of what is happening in your organizational pipeline.
Spending resources on non-high-potential employees won't get you anywhere except a little further in debt. So make sure your HIPO program focuses on truly high-potential talent. An employee who is a top performer can be identified by three promising characteristics and should be considered a true high-potential employee. The three characteristics are having an aspiration to reach more challenging roles, the ability to effectively manage responsibilities, and the engagement to stay committed to organizational as well as individual goals. This video reviews how to make strategic planning decisions to determine where needs might open up over the next several years in the company and to anticipate what will be needed to fill those positions and discusses how to identify the right candidates for development.
Carlton D. Becker
BowmanBecker Consultancy, LLC
- Co-founder of BowmanBecker Consultancy, LLC
- Extensive experience in human resources as both a consultant and senior executive
- Adjunct faculty, DeSales University, Graduate School of Business
- National forum’s agility training and development task force
- Past recipient of the Instructional Systems Organization’s national award for training and program design
- Speaker on talent management, both domestic and international
- Published articles include Tomorrow’s Leader, Identifying the Next Generation’s Leader Development, Using Competencies to Drive the Change Process, Beyond Succession Planning and Best Practices in Global Talent Management
- M.A. degree, The American University; B.S. degree, Kutztown University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.