Record Retention – What Do We Do Next?
When it comes to record retention, you will get to know patient privacy rules and their good friends HIPAA and HITECH. Federal and State Law have changed on record retention and destruction for protecting privacy. Are you aware of the changes? The type of disclosure is explained in the health information organization’s current notice of health information practices; to which the disclosure complies with HIPPA privacy rule, 45 Code of Federal Regulations part 164, subpart E. This video reviews the regular practice of record retention and protecting privacy; as well as what to do when a practice changes.
Scott R. Cook
Tyson & Mendes LLP
- Partner at Tyson & Mendes LLP’s Las Vegas office
- Experience includes all aspects of general liability, complex and mass tort litigation, insurance, health care, regulatory law, and business litigation
- Experience extends to catastrophic injury/damage, complex/mass litigation in tort, multistate litigation, environmental litigation, explosion/fire litigation, health care law, employer/employment law, and insurance law
- Has managed litigation for a multi-state insurance carrier and was a managing partner for a national law firm
- Received awards from the Colorado Defense Lawyer’s Association, the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, the Self-Insurance Institute of America, the American Legal Administrators, and received the Legal Excellence Award from Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, a Rocky Mountain Region Super Lawyer by Vegas Inc., a Top Lawyer by Desert Companion Top Lawyer – Complex Litigation, one of America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators in Nevada, a Top Attorney of the Mountain States, and was recognized as a Lifetime Achievement Member by America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- J.D. degree, University of Nebraska College of Law; B.A. degree, in Political Science/International Relations, University of Nebraska
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.