Does your State have municipalities that have local income tax withholding?
If your company does business within a municipality in their state that has local income tax withholding, they may owe business taxes as well as need to withhold from their employees. They only way to know if they are you required to withhold local tax is to check the State and local laws for each State. If they do not have a physical presence in that State, like a place of business, they may not be required to withhold. However, if their employee lives there, they will want the withholding. Companies can withhold from the employee as a courtesy withholding even if they are not required to withhold. This video reviews how to determine if a company is require to withhold local taxes, and where to pay them.
Debbie Cash, CPP
- Business Analyst-Implementation at G&A Partners
- Formerly a Payroll Tax/Time and Attendance Specialist at Employer Advantage LLC
- G&A Partners is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that offers payroll, human resources, benefits management, risk management, and accounting services for businesses and they recently acquired Employer Advantage LLC a former PEO
- Has been with the organization since 2006
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification in October 2006
- 30+ years of experience processing payroll and payroll taxes for various different companies and professions
- Worked as a Payroll Specialist at Missouri Southern State University from 1993 to March 2006
- Attended the International Tax Conference in Wisconsin in 2005 and specialized in International Tax for Student Visa’s
- Worked for Joplin R-8 School District from 1990 to 1993
- Bachelor’s degree in general business, MSSU; associate’s degree in Accounting, MSSU
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 417-782-3909 ext 148
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.