When is it too late?
What is the effect of a loan modification on a foreclosure? If a loan modification is executed during a foreclosure, then the lender must formally discontinue foreclosure action. If a loan modification is executed subsequent to entry of a judgment of foreclosure, then an order vacating judgment of the foreclosure should also be obtained. This video reviews the timing of loan modifications and forbearance agreements.
Peter T. Roach, Esq.
Roach & Lin, P.C.
- Principal of Roach & Lin, P.C.
- Practices in all areas of mortgage default servicing, including foreclosure, loss mitigation, bankruptcy, litigation, evictions, and REO sales throughout the entire State of New York
- Lecturer for St. John’s University Continuing Legal Education Program, New York State Bar Association, Queens and Nassau County Bar Associations, Practicing Law Institute, Lorman Education Services, The Knowledge Group, and Marino Legal Continuing Legal Education
- Membership information: board of directors, St. John's University School of Law Alumni Association (member, 1988 to present; president 2002 to 2004); International Network of Boutique Law Firms (INBLF) (member, 2004 to 2016; president, New York Chapter, 2008 to 2011); New York State Bar Association; and vice president of Harmony Heights School (2000 to present)
- J.D. degree, St. John’s University – School of Law; B.A. degree, State University of New York at Binghamton
- Can be contacted at 516-938-3100 ext. 318 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.