If you do your homework first you can avoid litigation altogether.
If you can’t avoid litigation always start with your local remedies first. Variances, director’s interpretation, zoning map amendments, text amendments and conditional use permits are all options if you are unable to prove up your nonconforming use. If you find yourself dealing with an enforcement order you can ask for a writ of review or file a declaratory judgment in trial court. Each step gets trickier which is all the more reason to takes the proper first steps.
Garrett H. Stephenson
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Of Counsel with Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Member of the real estate and land use practice groups
- Has significant experience in negotiations with local governments related to permit exactions, required public improvements, and eminent domain
- Represents private and public clients in a variety of land use and municipal law matters, including complex land use entitlements, regulatory due diligence, and local and state-level appeals
- Past city planner and land use planning consultant
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Lewis and Clark Law School; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Willamette University
- Can be contacted at 503-796-2893 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.