Do you have notes and lists spread out all over your desk, in your car, your purse? Contain the chaos with a master activity list.
For the most part lists are important to have. For the most part they are the standard, ordinary, traditional to-do lists. And for most of us those lists become depressing. They start out with 10 things to do and by the end of the day you’ve hardly crossed anything off yet added five more things to the list. That does not give us any sense of progress. Instead of having a daily to-do list, you just need a log – a master activity list. Changing to this type of list is simply the decision to have all of your notes of things that you need and want to do listed all in one place. There is no priority order to it. It’s just a tracking mechanism. Having everything in one place will help your memory and recall abilities. When you are planning how to use your time you can see everything together and easily decide what needs to get done and what can get done. A master activity list is also a great tracking mechanism so you have a log of the things that you are asked to do and need to do. As you complete items - check them off to get a feeling of completion and progress.
Patricia J. Hutchings
Unique Perspectives Un-Limited, Inc.
- Founder and director of Unique Perspectives Un-Limited, Inc., an organization dedicated to promoting the potential in people
- Professional instructor providing specialty training in the areas of leadership, management, advanced reading and learning skills, communication (presentation and interpersonal) skills, stress, work/life balance, enhanced productivity, time management, and team building
- Conducted intensive personal and professional development programs for more than 69,000 people in 13 countries
- Dynamic and talented presenter, committed to helping people find value in their lives and in the workplace
- Wrote, Managing Workplace Chaos: Solutions for Handling Information, Paper, Time and Stress, and Bumblebee Bits of Wisdom: A Collection of Quotes to Uplift Your Days
- Interviewed for the Harvard Management Update, and was a guest on The Weekend Business Coach, for KBNP, 1410 AM in Portland, Oregon
- Professional instructor, seminar trainer, course developer, and writer
- Independent consultant and trainer since 1993, and is a professional member of the National Speakers Association
- Frequent past speaker at the Administrative Professionals Conference and judge for the American Management Association for the Administrative Excellence award
- Presents the management and supervisory track along with the administrative professionals courses for the American Management Association and wrote one of the courses in their administrative certificate program
- Consulted for business and corporate leaders, international banking organizations, and political leaders worldwide
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.