What is the duty of care?
The liability of handling abandoned property is not a black and white situation. Some situations are more or less risky than others. The riskier situations are when you are handling with self-help because you could face criminal as well as civil liability. Throwing away abandoned property can cause problems because what you consider to be trash could be the tenant’s treasure. This video reviews risky and safer options for dealing with abandoned property; as well as dealing with bailments. Our speaker also discusses state law survey results on landlord’s treatment of abandoned tenant property.
Brandon R. Ceglian
Law Offices of Brandon R. Ceglian, P.C.
- Attorney and owner of Law Offices of Brandon R. Ceglian, P.C. in Littleton, Colorado, with nearly 20 years’ experience
- Practice focuses primarily on residential and commercial evictions, property management issues, including legal compliance and defense in the Denver metro area and throughout the Colorado front range
- Published author on a variety of legal topics and a frequent speaker on landlord/tenant law and property management in Colorado
- Voted Best of the Best attorney by Colorado Community Media in 2014, 2016, and 2018
- Supplier member of the Colorado Apartment Association, the National Association of Residential Property Managers, and the South Metro Denver Realtor’s Association
- Member of the Colorado Landlord Legislative Coalition, providing legal assistance for the landlord legislative lobby in Colorado
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $0/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $0 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.