What Is It?
Data input needs to be done well. As the saying goes, garbage in … garbage out. So it’s important that there is a process to organizing your data (spreadsheet, or stat software). This includes determining if your data needs cleaning, such as removing duplicates or other errors. In order to make a good analysis you will need to determine the type of analysis you need to do based on whether or not it’s statistical, are you identifying relationships, etc. This video reviews what data analysis is, why do people want to know about it and offers examples of data analysis tools.
Jay R. Carlson
- Principal and co-owner of FatDAWGS.com, an IT solutions company
- Microsoft® Certified System Engineer (MCSE) as well as a Microsoft® Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- More than 20 years of experience in the IT industry, including working as the technical lead at a top software company supporting their financial software
- Through FatDAWGS.com, he co-wrote OfficeFest 2007, a self-published series of training modules that includes “Using Microsoft® Excel® for Financial Analysis”, “Microsoft® Excel® Pivot Tables and Charts”, as well as “Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft® Excel® 2007”
- Co-developed commercial SQL solutions and well-reviewed iPhone® applications
- Graduate, Southern Illinois University; master’s degree in public administration with an emphasis in finance, University of Montana; associate's degree in journalism
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.