Lawyers wear two hats – legal and business.
Attorneys functioning as a business agent do not qualify for attorney-client privilege. Corporate in-house counsel provides legal advice, but also often has business-oriented duties – business and legal advice are sometimes so intertwined that a clear distinction can be unlikely … or impossible. This video reviews the importance of why it is critical to understand the distinction between legal advice and business advice.
Rebecca M. Lamberth
Duane Morris LLP
- Partner with Duane Morris LLP with over 30 years of litigation experience
- Co-chair of the firm’s Commercial, Securities and Antitrust Litigation Practice Division
- Practices in the areas of securities litigation, complex commercial litigation and the representation of lawyers and law firms
- Represents public and private companies, including REITs, with extensive experience in complex business and securities litigation, securities disclosure and corporate governance
- Advises public company clients on securities disclosure, corporate governance and D&O insurance issues and represents corporate clients before the SEC
- Represents and counsels lawyers and law firms in litigation and concerning professional conduct issues
- Written and spoken on topics related to her areas of expertise
- Atlanta Magazine named her a Georgia Super Lawyer (2006-2013)
- Listed in the Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition
- Achieved the highest rating with the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree, University of Virginia School of Law; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Vanderbilt University
- Can be contacted at 404-253-6900 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.