Learn how to approach the Family and Medical Leave Act.
The FMLA is one part of the larger leave administration considerations. When determining if an employee is eligible for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act you should also be looking at other considerations and other potential leave benefits and compensation entitlements that the employee may have. You always want to take into consideration state and local laws that may interact with FMLA leave. This video reviews the basics of FMLA and discusses coverage options that need to be considered.
Catherine T. Barbieri
Fox Rothschild LLP
- Co-chair of Fox Rothschild LLP’s nationwide Labor & Employment Practice, and partner in Fox Rothschild LLP’s Philadelphia office
- Senior trial lawyer
- Extensive experience handling a full range of employment matters, including discrimination and wrongful termination suits, restrictive covenant litigation, wage and hour compliance, and counseling and litigation avoidance
- Avid author and speaker, she lectures regularly to attorneys, human resource professionals and executives on disability and accommodation issues, managing leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act and responding to harassment complaints
- Serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Women’s Way and the Corporate Sponsors Board of the Philadelphia Museum of Art; at Fox, she is co-chair of the firm’s Partnership Advancement Committee, a member of the firm’s Diversity Committee, and a member of the Steering Committee of the firm’s Women’s Initiative, a former hiring partner of the firm, and a former chair of its Recruitment Committee
- Named a Super Lawyer or Rising Star by Philadelphia magazine and Law and Politics magazine for many years; also recognized as a 2010 Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer
- J.D. degree, University of Pennsylvania Law School; B.A. degree, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Delaware
- Can be contacted at 215-299-2839 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.