First party insurance coverage vs. third party insurance coverage – which do you need for each loss?
First party insurance coverage covers the insured against loss or damage to the insured’s person or property, including business interruption and cyberliability. Third party insurance coverage covers the insured against liability for loss or damage to another person’s person or property actually or allegedly caused by the insured. This video reviews first party coverage, business interruption coverage, cyberliability coverage, as well as third party coverages.
Kevin B. Dreher
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Litigator and trial lawyer focusing on insurance recovery on behalf of policyholders, complex commercial litigation, and dispute-related counseling
- Has represented policyholders and recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in a wide range of insurance coverage disputes, including long-tail environmental, toxic tort, and asbestos claims under general liability policies; losses stemming from natural disasters and COVID-19 under first-party and business interruption insurance; securities and fiduciary duty claims triggering D&O liability coverage; and losses under ocean cargo marine and storage policies
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-214-8308
Bradley H. Dlatt
Perkins Coie LLP
- Counsel in the insurance recovery practice in Perkins Coie LLP’s Chicago office
- Practice focuses on providing insurance counseling to businesses and resolving insurance coverage disputes, including representing corporate, non-profit, and individual policyholders in coverage mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Recognized by Business Insurance as a 2022 Break Out Award winner, recognizing the top professionals under 40 years old in the insurance industry
- Regularly writes and presents on insurance coverage issues
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-324-8499
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.