Your testing requires follow up work – what can be done back in the lab?
Specialized laboratory testing requires samples to be removed from the structure. The selection of sampling needs to be carefully considered as a detailed analysis of cause and effect requires specialized testing. This video reviews common laboratory tests and laboratory evaluation tools that can be used and goes into details about these tests including material strength tests, petrography, concrete chloride analysis, and immersion and expansion tests.
R. Brett Holland, Ph.D., P.E., S.E.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Senior Staff II – Structures at Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc., a 500-person consulting engineering firm with headquarters in Waltham, MA
- Registered Engineer in AL, IL, MA, NY, and TX
- Experienced in the development of high performance concrete (HPC) mix designs for specialized durability or strength requirements
- Experienced in the implementation of specialty concrete performance in design and construction
- Experienced in precast concrete production and troubleshooting assignments
- Experienced in condition assessment, repair, and rehabilitation of existing concrete structures including historic stadiums, parking garages, and transportation structures
- Author of several publications related to the design, durability, and performance of HPC concrete
- BSCE, MSCE, and Ph.D. from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Active member of the American Concrete Institute, including: Associate Member Committee 201 – Durability of Concrete; Associate Member Committee 236 – Material Science of Concrete; Voting Member Subcommittee 318-A – Structural Concrete Building Code: Concrete Materials and Construction
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.