It is vital that you understand the provisions of your insurance policy and make every reasonable effort to comply with them.
The first thing you need to be aware of is the notice, proof of loss and cooperation provisions. Insurance companies are entitled to be notified as soon as possible of the loss so that they can get involved and start adjusting it. They also require the insurer to fill out proof of loss forms to itemize the loss and to describe the value of the loss. They also require the policy holder to cooperate with the insurer in adjusting the loss. These provisions typically are construed as conditions proceeded to coverage. If you fail to comply you might forfeit the coverage.
Reed Smith LLP
- Partner in the Chicago office of Reed Smith, LLP in the Insurance Recovery Group, named by US News – Best Lawyers as the Law Firm of the Year for Insurance Law in 2017
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2007-2017) in Insurance Recovery
- Co-chair of the Property Insurance Subcommittee of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Litigation
- Co-author of Chapter 45 of NEW APPLEMAN ON INSURANCE LAW LIBRARY EDITION: & “Additional and Supplemental Coverages”
- Represents and advises a large retail company and a major oil and gas company on all aspects of their insurance coverage programs, including first-party property insurance
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.