Learn how to avoid personally being served with IRC Section 6672 penalties.
What is IRC Section 6672? Employment taxes such as federal income withholding taxes including social security taxes withheld from employees are called trust funds because you are holding the employee’s money in trust until you deposit those funds over to the IRS. To encourage prompt payment of these funds Congress enacted the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP). The TFRP can be assessed against any business for unpaid trust fund taxes. This video reviews what taxes the TFRP applies to, the types of appeals/claims for a TFRP, and what parties can be held responsible.
Debbie Cash, CPP
- Manager of TLM Implementation at G&A Partners
- Began working for the organization in 2006 as a Payroll Tax Specialist and Time and Attendance Specialist
- Promoted to Time/Labor Manager in 2021
- 30+ years of experience processing payroll and payroll taxes for various different companies and professions
- Worked as a Payroll Specialist at Missouri Southern State University from 1993 to March 2006
- Attended the International Tax Conference in Wisconsin and specialized in international tax for student visas
- Worked for Joplin R-8 School District processing payroll from 1990 to 1993
- Associate degree in accounting from MSSU in 1985 and a Bachelor's Degree in General Business from MSSU in 2006
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 417-782-3909, ext. 148
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.