The New Form I-9 - Is it smart? Yes. Is it life changing? Not so much.
USCIS published the new version of the Form I-9 on 11/14/16 and prior versions of the form will no longer be valid for use. In fact, employers who fail to use Form I-9 (11/14/2016 N) on or after 1/22/2017 are subject to penalties and fines as it was deemed mandatory as of 1/22/2017. The instructions are now twice as long and new fields have been added. Take a look at the new error detection and SMART features for yourself.
Dawn M. Lurie
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Co-chair of the Immigration Compliance and Enforcement group at Seyfarth Shaw LLP offering clients the benefits associated with almost three decades of experience advising on U.S. and global immigration
- Companies look to Dawn to deliver seasoned, strategic counsel as they navigate I-9 and immigration compliance legal risk in an increasingly difficult climate
- She counts herself among a small number of practitioners nationally who have dedicated their practice exclusively to I-9 worksite enforcement and immigration compliance matters
- By developing and managing corporate immigration compliance programs, including training and internal audit components, Dawn minimizes exposure and liability, saving her clients both money and time
- Dawn routinely defends employers facing civil and criminal workplace enforcement actions, conducts immigration-related internal investigations and due diligence and analysis of I-9 issues in mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions
- Assists federal government contractors in meeting the FAR mandatory E-Verify compliance rules and flow-down clause
- Considered a leading authority on monitoring and compliance issues concerning the government's E-Verify program and has significant experience in Department of Justice Immigrant and Employee Rights (IER) investigations
- Ranked as a leading business immigration lawyer by Chambers, Best Lawyers in America, Legal 500 Who's Who Legal, and other publications
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.