What is a medical denial?
A medical denial is an adverse payor determination for any type of health benefits coverage or reimbursement. It may be for the preauthorization of a product or service or a denial of a claim for reimbursement for the product or service provided. Applies to any type of payor and payor program and may be the end result of an investigation, audit or recoupment action. This video reviews when the appeals rights are triggered and discusses how a denied party should approach a denial.
Patrick D. Souter
Gray Reed & McGraw LLP
- Of Counsel, Gray Reed & McGraw LLP
- Represents physicians, hospitals, and ancillary providers in operational, regulatory, and administrative matters
- Board Certified in healthcare law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Adjunct Professor of healthcare studies at Baylor University School of Law and the Baylor University Hankamer School of Business’ Robbins Institute for Health Policy and Leadership
- Frequent speaker to national and local healthcare organizations on physician, hospital, and other provider issues
- Recognized as a leading healthcare lawyer in Texas by Chambers & Partners USA and selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.’s The Best Lawyers in America in the field of healthcare law
- Frequent author of books and articles for the American Health Law Association (AHLA) and American Bar Association (ABA), including co-authoring the AHLA’s Representing Physicians, 4th Edition and the ABA’s Physician Law Evolving Trends and Hot Topics (2017- 2022 Editions) and What is ... Medical Staff Peer Review?
- Member of the American Bar Association, Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, State Bar of Texas, American Health Law Association, American College of Healthcare Executives, and Health Care Compliance Association
- LL.M. degree in health law, Hofstra University; J.D. degree, Baylor University School of Law; M.B.A. degree in health services management, University of Dallas; B.B.A. degree in finance, Baylor University Hankamer School of Business
- Can be contacted at [email protected], 214-954-4135, or 1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600, Dallas, TX 75201
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.