What are the different types of estimates and what are their uses?
Cost estimators have a specific process they use to measure the resources needed for a project. That includes determining the price of the resource, how much of the resource and can also include a value on time, not just physical resources. This video defines the different types of estimating; and reviews construction contracts and the impact on the cost estimate, as well as how cost estimating relates to project scheduling and project control.
Saleh A. Mubarak, Ph. D.
- Construction project management professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- Over 30 years of diversified, industrial, and academic experience, all in the general field of construction project management
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world, mainly in technical subjects but also in soft skills
- Author of two books, Construction Project Scheduling and Control, 4th edition, and How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction, 5th edition, both published by Wiley; also wrote many articles, technical and other
- Public speaker at many local, regional, and international events
- Presented at many professional conferences, such as PMI and AACE International
- B.S., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering, specializing in construction project management
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.