Understand where to look to find what you need for building codes.
Does the state or municipality have a list of code officials and their function/titles? Does the state or municipality have a list of previously adopted codes that have since been superseded by more recent adoptions? For modern practitioners, the ability to view the code that was in place when a building was originally constructed (or permitted) can be a starting point for a contemporary code analysis. This video reviews how to use online research and ICC Code commentaries, along with legacy codes and staff directories, to assist in finding the building code information you need.
Christopher E. Chwedyk, AIA, CSI
Burnham Nationwide, Inc.
Christopher E. Chwedyk, AIA, CSI, NCARB
- Director – The Code Group, Burnham Nationwide
- Practice emphasis: zoning and building code consulting/advocacy, expert witness testimony
- Adjunct Faculty – Harper College
- Co-Author – “Disruption, Evolution, and Change: AIA’s Vision for the Future of Architecture and Construction”, 2019
- Member: AIA (AIA Chicago Foundation Board VP), BOMA/Chicago, ICC, NFPA
- Education: B-Arch, University of IL (Chicago), MPM, Keller Graduate School
- Contact: [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.