Understand the importance of good communication with the code official to avoid stop work orders.
When engaging the bureaucratic mindset, realize that considerate communication is the way to get the best results. In nearly every case, you will find that your code official is a dedicated, knowledgeable professional who is primarily concerned about public safety. This video reviews the importance of communicating with code officials during plans reviews and permit and during inspections.
Christopher E. Chwedyk, AIA, CSI
Burnham Nationwide, Inc.
- NCARB Director – The Code Group, Burnham Nationwide, Inc.
- Illinois licensed architect and chief code consultant and Director of the licensed architectural subsidiary of Burnham that he assisted in founding in 2001
- Since 1998, has also been an adjunct faculty member of William Rainey Harper College in Palatine, IL, where he teaches a course on building codes
- Previously the principal of the Chicago office of Hughes Associates and been a member of such prestigious Chicago architectural firms as SOM
- With over 40 years of experience in the profession, has concentrated on the technical requirements of building design and has managed the production of code-compliant construction documents for a wide variety of project types
- Over the past three decades has performed numerous code compliance plan reviews for the City of Chicago and other municipalities
- Currently serves on the International Code Council’s Board Committee on the Long-Term Code Development Process, the International Fire Code Action Committee and is the 2021-2022 chair of the ICC Compliance Code Action Committee
- Other professional affiliations include the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and was the 2018 chair the National AIA Codes and Standards Committee
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.