Understand the importance of good communication with the code official to avoid stop work orders.
When engaging the bureaucratic mindset, realize that considerate communication is the way to get the best results. In nearly every case, you will find that your code official is a dedicated, knowledgeable professional who is primarily concerned about public safety. This video reviews the importance of communicating with code officials during plans reviews and permit and during inspections.
Christopher E. Chwedyk, AIA, CSI
Burnham Nationwide, Inc.
Christopher E. Chwedyk, AIA, CSI, NCARB
- Director – The Code Group, Burnham Nationwide
- Practice emphasis: zoning and building code consulting/advocacy, expert witness testimony
- Adjunct Faculty – Harper College
- Co-Author – “Disruption, Evolution, and Change: AIA’s Vision for the Future of Architecture and Construction”, 2019
- Member: AIA (AIA Chicago Foundation Board VP), BOMA/Chicago, ICC, NFPA
- Education: B-Arch, University of IL (Chicago), MPM, Keller Graduate School
- Contact: [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.