Technologically competent? But I’m not an IT person.
How does one comply with the requirement of being technologically competent if they are not an IT person? The Model Rules of Professional Conduct has a requirement for technology competence. The rule requires lawyers to maintain the requisite knowledge and skill, by keeping up-to-day on changes in the law and its practice, including the benefits and risks associated with relevant technology. This video reviews technology and ethics, including e-portal filing.
Joseph A. Corsmeier, Esq.
The Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
• Founder and president/owner of The Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
• Practices primarily in the areas of attorney disciplinary defense before the Florida Bar, attorney admission matters before the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, professional license and disciplinary matters before the boards of the state of Florida
• Provides expert analysis and opinions on ethics issues, legal malpractice, conflicts of interest, fees, attorney dis-qualification, and other matters and has testified as an expert in both federal and Florida courts
• Frequent speaker and has written numerous publications on topics including ethics and professionalism, law office management, fees, trust accounting, social media, technology, conflicts of interest, and other topics
• Holds the highest lawyer rating with Martindale-Hubbell and AVVO Law Directories; designated as a Super Lawyer
• Admitted to practice in all Florida courts, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Ap-peals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Middle District of Florida
• Member of the American Bar Association, the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and the Clear-water and St. Petersburg Bar Associations; served as director of the Clearwater Bar Association, 2004-2009, and president, 2009-2010
• Adjunct professor of paralegal ethics at St. Petersburg College
• J.D. degree, Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law; B.A. degree, Florida State University
• Can be contacted at 727-799-1688 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.