There is a lot of information on a survey – how do you decide what is relevant?
Survey plat preparation includes many details from evidence of possession and building location, to utilities and zoning, building and subdivision restrictions. But there is also information about fences and walls, and some find that they are using land that isn’t on the survey because of where a fence was put up. This video reviews many different items that you will find on a survey and the importance of each of them.
John M. Story, P.L.S.
Donaldson, Garrett & Associates, Inc.
- Senior vice president and Charlotte branch manager of Donaldson, Garrett & Associates, Inc.
- Professional land surveyor registered in North and South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and Virginia
- More than 43 years of experience with a varied and extensive background in boundary, topographic, construction, and as-built surveys in the commercial, governmental, and residential market
- Worked extensively with utility companies in coordinating right-of-way and design surveys, as well as industrial clients who require optical tooling
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Surveyors
- B.S. degree, Georgia Southwestern College (now Georgia Southwestern State University); B.C.E.T. degree, Southern Technical Institute (now Kennesaw State University)
- Can be contacted at 704-374-1955 or [email protected]
Frank E. Arado
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Partner in the Charlotte office of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, and head of the Real Estate Finance Group
- Concentrated in commercial real estate, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions of real estate and interests in real estate; debt and equity financing; workouts and restructurings; and joint venture formation
- Represented institutional investors, commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, pension funds, their investment advisors, REITs and opportunity funds
- Charlotte Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” business leaders in the community
- M.B.A. and J.D. degrees, University of Illinois College of Law; B.A. degree, University of Chicago
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.