Why be concerned about nonconforming use?
Typically, in the context of property transactions, it has to do with destruction and rebuilding; or sale of property. In regards to casualty, if the property is destroyed or damaged, owner may want to re-establish the use. If the property is sold the purchaser will want assurance that use and development is lawful. Almost as common, and perhaps a bit trickier, is expansion. You may want to expand the structure, or intensity of use, however expansion is generally not allowed but there are exceptions.
Garrett H. Stephenson
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Of Counsel with Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Member of the real estate and land use practice groups
- Has significant experience in negotiations with local governments related to permit exactions, required public improvements, and eminent domain
- Represents private and public clients in a variety of land use and municipal law matters, including complex land use entitlements, regulatory due diligence, and local and state-level appeals
- Past city planner and land use planning consultant
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Lewis and Clark Law School; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Willamette University
- Can be contacted at 503-796-2893 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.