What is mathematical intuition and how does it apply to a construction cost estimator?
Mathematical intuition is the ability to instantly or quickly perform mathematical operations and obtain reasonable and relatively accurate results. Someone with mathematical intuition can make a good common-sense judgement on answers from others and tell if the number is too low, too high, or about right. Having this type of intuition is critical to construction cost estimators and can be the difference between winning or losing a bid. This video reviews the impact of new technology and how to maintain and improve your mental skills.
Saleh A. Mubarak, Ph. D.
- Construction project management professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- Over 30 years of diversified, industrial, and academic experience, all in the general field of construction project management
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world, mainly in technical subjects but also in soft skills
- Author of two books, Construction Project Scheduling and Control, 4th edition, and How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction, 5th edition, both published by Wiley; also wrote many articles, technical and other
- Public speaker at many local, regional, and international events
- Presented at many professional conferences such as PMI and AACE International
- B.S., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering specializing in construction project management
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.