Identify and appreciate the relevance of implied contract obligations.
There are five general categories of common law implied contract obligations include good faith and fair dealing, information, access, performance and warranty. Within each of these five general categories there are specific implied contract obligations. Some implied contract obligations may apply to all parties; others may apply to only an owner or contractor, or even exclude a particular party. This video reviews these specific ICOs, implied design warranties, and changes to implied contract duties.
Scott D. Cahalan
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
- Partner in the construction law section of Smith, Gambrell and Russell, LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm.
- Part-time instructor of Construction and Development Law at the Georgia Institute of Technology
- General counsel to the Georgia Utility Contractor’s Association
- Worked for an ENR® top 50 general contractor
- Drafted form construction contracts for the Associated Owners and Developers, a national association
- Recognized by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, and Georgia Super Lawyers
- Frequent author and lecturer on construction law
- Member of the State Bar of Georgia, Northern District of Georgia, and 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., cum laude, from University of Georgia; B.S. in construction engineering from Iowa State University
- Contact information s[email protected], [email protected], and (404) 815-3711
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.