The starting point is to develop a success profile … a picture of what good looks like in the role.
A success profile goes beyond the job responsibilities that are listed in a job description. It should capture what people know, their knowledge base, their experience, their competencies and their characteristics. Define what success looks like for the leadership positions/levels in question. Watch this video to learn how to use success profiles, and how to assess talent.
OnPoint Consulting LLC
- President of OnPoint Consulting LLC
- Helps organizations and leaders identify and develop leaders, work better virtually, enhance cross functional team performance, and get from strategy to execution faster
- Conducts numerous seminars and workshops on succession management, leading from a distance, leading cross functional teams and enhancing execution
- Wrote several articles and wrote or co-wrote five books including: Closing the Execution Gap: How Great Leaders and Their Companies Get Results, published by Jossey-Bass/Wiley; Flexible Leadership: Creating Value by Balancing Multiple Challenges and Choices (co-wrote with Dr. Gary Yukl), published by Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer; The Art and Science of 360º Feedback (co-wrote with Toni Lucia), published by Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer; The Art and Science of Competency Models (co-wrote with Toni Lucia), published by Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer; Virtual Team Success: A Practical Guide to Working and Leading From a Distance (co-wrote with Darleen DeRosa), published by Jossey-Bass/Wiley
- Can be contacted at 212-472-8081 or [email protected] and @OnPoint_LLC
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.