Do you have the right tools in place?
The monitoring and controlling phase of a project ties back to the planning and design, and executing phases, and is very important to both of those phases on a typical project. Scope creep can be caused by poor planning and poor project controls process that should be set up in the planning and design phase. Not having effective project controls to monitor budget and costs opens the door for ineffective project control and scope creep. This video reviews change management and how to avoid or minimize scope creep.
John J. Ciccarelli, PE, CCP, PSP
- Senior level construction professional with more than 25 years of experience providing expert advisory and consulting services for public and private clients in the areas of project management, risk management, dispute resolution, forensic schedule delay, loss of productivity, and damages
- Industry experience includes: real estate (buildings, hospitals, hotels), power/utility, infrastructure (transportation, waste water, roadways and bridges), oil and gas, and pharmaceutical
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on project management and dispute consulting
- Written and presented numerous technical papers related to the areas of dispute resolution, project management, risk management and other construction related topics
- Professional engineer, certified cost professional, and planning and scheduling professional
- Active member of: Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International (AACEi) and a past president; American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry member (ABA) 2008 to present; American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); ASCE Construction Institute 2001 to present; Institution of Engineers, Australia (MIEAust): College of Civil Engineering; National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE); Project Management Institute College of Scheduling (PMICOS) 2003 to present
- M.B.A. degree, concentration in real estate, Rutgers University; B.S. degree in civil engineering, University of Delaware
- Can be contacted at 908-391-5639 or [email protected]
Todd M. Vandenhaak, PE, PMP, CCP, CFCC
The Sutor Group
- The Sutor Group
- Provides Expert services and claims analysis for schedule delay, productivity/inefficiency disruption claims, damages assessments
- Consulting for Risk Advisory and Dispute Resolution for complex construction projects
- Professional civil engineer with more than 20 years of experience in the design and construction industry
- Experience includes transportation (ports, rail and highways), tunneling, energy, power plants, oil and gas, buildings (commercial, educational facilities and hospitals), process and underground infrastructure industry sectors
- Has written and presented on many topics related to his areas of expertise
- M.B.A. degree, Arizona State University; B.S. degree in civil engineering, University of Washington
- Can be contacted at 206-785-5095 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.