Know the do’s and don’ts of using social media.
Lawyers or paralegals can’t go on a social media website and attempt to connect with a witness or opposing party in an attempt to gain information that is not public. Anything that is public is fair game so be wary of the things that are not. Using social media websites to be a contact is considered a false or deceptive tactic and is not permitted by ethics rules. This video reviews ethics rules and opinions of cases throughout the U.S.
Joseph A. Corsmeier, Esq.
The Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
- Partner in the Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
- Representation of lawyers in disciplinary matters before the Florida Bar; appeals, and oral argument before the Supreme Court of Florida; lawyer admission proceedings before the Florida Board of Bar Examiners; representation of professionals (physicians, nurses, real estate agents/brokers, CPAs, et al.) before all State of Florida Boards and Agencies in licensure admission and disciplinary matters, expert analysis and opinion on legal ethics, malpractice, and professionalism issues
- Qualified and provided expert testimony in state and federal courts on multiple occasions on attorney ethics and malpractice issues in Circuit Court litigation matters; analysis and defense of Unlicensed Practice of Law (UPL) issues and representation in UPL matters before The Florida Bar; workers’ compensation and representation of law enforcement unions in labor, grievance, and other matters, including appeals of final agency actions.
- Member of the American Bar Association, Professionalism Section; the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers; and the Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations
- Frequent speaker and has written numerous publications on topics including ethics and professionalism, law office management, fees, trust accounting, social media, technology, conflicts of interest, and other topics
- Admitted to practice in all Florida courts, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Middle District of Florida
- Adjunct professor of paralegal ethics at St. Petersburg College
- J.D. degree, Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law; B.A. degree, Florida State University
- Can be contacted at 727-799-1688 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.