If you want to do systematic cross-training you need a plan.
A roadmap to guide cross-training is a job map that describes all the tasks and issues involved in carrying out a job in detail. It is much more detailed than a typical job description. There is more than one way to develop a roadmap to guide cross-training. One approach is based on robust task analysis, which is not one thing it is many things. The steps in applying a roadmap are the same as those in planned (structured) on-the-job training.
William J. Rothwell, Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, RODC, CPTD Fellow
Rothwell & Associates, Inc.
- Distinguished Professor, The Pennsylvania State University
- His specialty is organization development and change
- Speaking/Teaching accomplishments in his area of practice include 20 years of full-time HR experience in multinational business and in U.S. government
- Published 128 books on HR
- Member of the Society for HR Management and the Association for Talent Development
- Ph.D., M.B.A., M.A., and B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.