HIPAA has been around for awhile but do you really understand what it does?
HIPAA has the privacy rule side, enforceable since 2003, that establishes the rights of individuals, controls uses and disclosures, and the access of PHI is a hot button issue for HHS; it also has the security rule side, enforceable since 2005, that applies to all electronic PHI, is a flexible, customizable approach to health information security, and uses risk analysis to identify and plan the mitigation of security risks, and applies in full to business associates of covered entities. This video delves into these two sides of HIPAA and discusses six steps to information security.
Lewis Creek Systems, LLC
- Founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC
- Provides a complete suite of services related to information privacy and security regulatory compliance, including compliance reviews, information flow and risk analyses, technical security reviews, training and policy development services
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on health care information privacy and security, information management and disposal, and information security risk analysis
- Speaker at national conferences for the American Health Information Management Association and the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange
- Recipient of the 2011 WEDI Award of Merit
- M.S. degree, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, University of Vermont
- Can be contacted at www.lewiscreeksystems.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.