The Law on Sexual Harassment and Consequences for Violations
What is the basis for sexual harassment claims? There are two primary forms of harassment – quid pro quo and hostile work environment. While #MeToo tends to fit more in the quid pro quo category than it does in the hostile work environment, in the last 10-15 years the greater focus has been on the hostile work environment notion of making a place where commentary and jokes make the place somewhere someone doesn’t want to be. This video clarifies some of the gray areas and confusion surrounding sign of harassment, discusses where harassment occurs, and provides tips for avoiding retaliation claims.
Matthew F. Nieman
Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Principal in the Washington D.C. Region office of Jackson Lewis P.C. and D.C. Office Litigation Manager, 2014-2021
- Admitted to the federal and state bars of Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- A national practice that emphasizes all aspects of general employment counsel and litigation; disability, leave, and health management; noncompete and trade secret protection; and privacy, e-communication, and data security
- Conducts regular seminars/live webinars and workshops on sexual harassment, discrimination, substance abuse prevention topics, and litigation avoidance
- Author of numerous publications related to employer issues, including extensive publications in the area of state and federal drug testing
- Serves as general counsel for the Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace and is the co-author of Guide to State and Federal Drug Testing Laws
- American Bar Association; Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Dulles Chapter, past president, and current legislative liaison
- He is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© under “Employment Law - Management” for 2021 and 2022
- J.D. degree, William & Mary School of Law; B.S. degree in Industrial & Labor Relations, Cornell University
- Can be contacted at 703-483-8331 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.