You’ve taken on the role of director of a nonprofit organization – do you know what your duties and responsibilities are?
The role of the board of directors of a charity is similar to the role of a for profit board. In both cases, the organizations are tasked with managing other people’s money. And in both cases, they are judged by their success in doing so. Yet, there is a key difference. This video reviews the difference between being on a board for a nonprofit and for profit organization. It also discusses the three main duties of care, loyalty and obedience.
Nixon Peabody LLP
Anita L. Pelletier
- Serves as counsel in Nixon Peabody’s nonprofit practice group
- Advises nonprofit organizations in matters relating to legal requirements and best practices in connection with governance and operational matters
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on nonprofit governance, issues relating to tax-exempt status, and charitable solicitations
- Member of the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), American, New York, and Monroe County bar associations, and involved with the Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys
- Received numerous awards for her commitment to pro bono service
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Nonprofit/Charities Law, has been listed since 2017
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law; M.P.A degree, Maxwell School of Public Administration; B.A. in economics, St. John Fisher College
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 585-263-1164
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.