There are traditional differences by gender.
There are differences by gender, by age, and by culture and multiple issues could be at play in any phone call. There isn’t a hard and fast rule on communication styles between men and women but traditionally men speak more goal oriented and women speak more process oriented. Try to mirror your caller – if they speak slowly, follow suit; if they speak softer, you should as well. Watch this video for details on language challenges and how to leverage technology.
Expressions of Excellence! (TM)
- Founder of Expressions of Excellence!™, a full-service training firm helping sales and service professionals engage and express, sell, and excel in the marketplace
- Coaches organizations to tell their and their client's success stories, design and deliver great customer experiences, and communicate for success
- Author of Stellar Service: Merge NOW with WOW to Win Customers for Life! (www.mergenowwithwow.com)
- Author of the Good, Better … BEST! series of books on communication and leadership, a pocketbook on leadership, three tips booklets, a CD, and hundreds of published articles on sales and service, communication, leadership, excellence, and more
- Founding president, dean emeritus of the Speakers Academy of National Speakers Association — Northern California chapter
- Instructor, University of California Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley Campus since 2001
- Interviewed John Wooden, Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger and Harvey Mackay, and has been interviewed by 60 Minutes, BBC Radio, and Financial Times of London
- Clients include Pfizer, McKesson, Plantronics, ATT, headsets.com, U.S. Army, nolo.com, Hilton Hotels, dozens of national and regional associations including NSA, MPI, CalSAE, HSMAE, CIBC, HDI, PMI, NAPO, NACE, and SGMP
- Senior consultant, www.TheConsultingTeam.com, facilitating positive change
- Can be reached at 510-547-0664, [email protected], or www.ExpressionsOfExcellence.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.