Training is more than just communicating.
Communication is at the heart of what a trainer does. Those that train want to communicate their knowledge to those that want to learn. Communication is the process of creating shared understanding and is part of the learning process. This is why good trainers are good communicators. But being a good communicator does not make you a good trainer. Poor training is the result of the application of techniques that are inappropriate. Often, this is because the trainer doesn’t understand the principles that underpin that technique.
Jonathan Halls & Associates
- Runs professional development programs for trainers and speaks at conferences around the world
- More than 25 years’ experience in adult learning, he draws on cognitive psychology and neuroscience to help trainers move from a dump content and run approach to empower learners to learn
- Wrote Confessions of a Corporate Trainer: An Insider Tells All; Rapid Video for Trainers; Memory and Cognition in Learning; Rapid Media for Trainers; Video Script Writing; and a contributing author to the ASTD Handbook
- One the select facilitators who teach ATD’s prestigious Master Trainer Program
- Formerly a learning executive at the BBC and today consults, teaches, speaks and coaches
- Adjunct professor at George Washington University
- B.A. and M.A. degrees in learning
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.