All existing active employees must have a Form I-9. And all Form I-9s need to be handled properly.
When it comes to I-9 retention and storage of Form I-9s you need to be extremely careful and keep them under lock and key. Form I-9, just like any other personnel file, has personal identifying information therefore it is critical that you have data privacy procedures in place. Following shred date rules are important and keeping a disposal date calendar can be beneficial to keep you on top of your document destruction schedule.
Dawn M. Lurie
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Co-chair of the Immigration Compliance and Enforcement group at Seyfarth Shaw LLP offering clients the benefits associated with almost three decades of experience advising on U.S. and global immigration
- Companies look to Dawn to deliver seasoned, strategic counsel as they navigate I-9 and immigration compliance legal risk in an increasingly difficult climate
- She counts herself among a small number of practitioners nationally who have dedicated their practice exclusively to I-9 worksite enforcement and immigration compliance matters
- By developing and managing corporate immigration compliance programs, including training and internal audit components, Dawn minimizes exposure and liability, saving her clients both money and time
- Dawn routinely defends employers facing civil and criminal workplace enforcement actions, conducts immigration-related internal investigations and due diligence and analysis of I-9 issues in mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions
- Assists federal government contractors in meeting the FAR mandatory E-Verify compliance rules and flow-down clause
- Considered a leading authority on monitoring and compliance issues concerning the government's E-Verify program and has significant experience in Department of Justice Immigrant and Employee Rights (IER) investigations
- Ranked as a leading business immigration lawyer by Chambers, Best Lawyers in America, Legal 500 Who's Who Legal, and other publications
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.