Are you working with a new office or are you dealing with new procedures?
If so, it’s important to conduct a survey of who your customers are and, more importantly, to define what their needs or abilities are. Once you have that information you can begin establishing a workflow based on the procurement office’s internal requirements are and the needs of the customers. This video reviews how to create a vendor data base, and how to draft internal forms and internal controls. Our speaker also discusses the importance of reviewing technologies available to customers and procurement staff.
Kenneth M. Jones
- Procurement specialist (part-time) providing training to new procurement staff at the University at Albany, SUNY
- Has trained many university staff on state procurement rules and regulations as well as the Research Foundation for SUNY (a non-profit organization) rules and regulations working with various granting agencies
- Provided procurement procedures, training, and transactional review for a research foundation for a SUNY grant-funded procurement team in Nairobi, Kenya
- Established online ordering processes with vendors ranging from office supplies to lab supplies
- More than 30 years of experience working in the public and nonprofit procurement field
- Previous purchasing experience included procuring commodities, services, and construction for the departments on campus
- Conducts regular seminars, webinars, and workshops on various procurement topics
- Past purchasing assistant for the New York State Office of Taxation and Finance
- Can be contacted at 518-875-6854 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.