The food business and food safety. But what actually is food?
The food industry is America’s largest business and largest employer with jobs in production, processing, distribution and retailing. So why study food law? Two words – Food Liability. The CDC estimates 48 million people get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from foodborne diseases each year in the United States and there are many reasons behind these diseases. Our speaker reviews many of the issues involved in food liability and laws that are in place.
Woodhouse Shanahan PA
Charles F. Woodhouse
- Attorney with Woodhouse Shanahan PA
- Practice focuses on U.S. food law and regulation, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), compliance, produce safety, food import regulation, food recall management, food industry risk-based preventative controls, and the regulation of food contact packaging materials
- Author of Chapter on International Regulation of Food and Food Contact Materials in the American Bar Association’s “Food Law: A Practical Guide” (2021)
- J.D. degree, Rutgers; M.B.A. degree, Wharton; M.S. degree in food safety, Michigan State; M.S. degree in packaging, Michigan State; B.A. degree, Dartmouth; current graduate student in soil and water sciences, research focus: pathogen contamination of fresh produce via soil and irrigation water transmission vectors, University of Florida
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.