Understand the importance of detailed contract provisions.
Contracts should be both fair and reasonable to both parties. The contracts that are patently unfair to one party over the other may be found to be unenforceable. Contracts that were entered into with the intent of causing the other party to fail may also be found to be unenforceable. Contract provisions can help with avoiding issues with unenforceability down the timeline and specifically, addressing what float is and for whose benefit it is included. This video will discuss contract provisions relating to float ownership.
Barrett L. Richards, CCP, CEP, PSP
- Executive consultant with GREYHAWK
- Over 20 years of experience in project management oversight, claims and litigation support, project planning and scheduling, as well as preconstruction and construction cost estimating
- Provides services at all stages of the construction life cycle, from feasibility studies through project closeout, and construction claim preparation and analysis
- Regular speaker and educator on a broad range of construction topics including cost estimating, planning, and scheduling, risk mitigation, and construction claims for a variety of organizations, including the American Society of Civil Engineers, Construction Financial Managers Association, and the New York City Bar Association
- Member of the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International (AACEI), American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law and Construction Financial Management Association, and adjunct member of the New York City Bar Association Construction Law Committee
- M.B.A. degree, Hofstra University Frank G. Zarb School of Business; B.S. degree in construction management, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 631-559-9588 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.