Recognize this type of threat and discuss it with your firm when it occurs.
Heightened efforts in financial statement audits are making public accounting firms feel the pressure of maintaining happy clients while maintaining profits. Subsequently, many accounting firms are accomplishing more with less staff as management endeavors to meet bank covenants or bonus promises. In difficult times, ethical boundaries can be crossed, and this video reviews how to avoid self-review threats and offers real life examples.
Michael J. Stevenson, CPA, CFE, CFF, ABV
Blue & Co., LLC
- Head of Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting at Blue & Co., LLC
- Concentrates time performing litigation advisory services, forensic accounting, and expert witness testimony for matters related to business valuations, damages, lost profits, contract disputes, marital dissolution, quality of earnings analysis, and related matters
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified in Financial Forensics, and Accredited in Business Valuation, with over 30 years of experience and responsibilities in financial and corporate management, primarily in the retail industry
- Has experience in many industries including, but not limited to, retail, food service, distribution, financial services, construction, health care, manufacturing, franchises, insurance, transportation, and e-commerce
- Licenses, memberships, and leadership positions in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and National Kidney Foundation Board of Directors – Regional President, National Board Member
- Master’s degree in accounting, The Ohio State University; B.S.B.A. degree with a concentration in finance, The Ohio State University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.